CBS Corporation is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand — "the Eye" — one of the most-recognized in business. The Company’s operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS’ businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Network 10, CBS Television Studios, CBS Studios International, CBS Television Distribution, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, Pop (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS EcoMedia, and CBS Experiences.
- EEO/FEP proceedings, involving individual or group complaints of employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic information, height or weight, sexual orientation, veteran's status, gender identity or gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- These plans are subject to regular audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance.
- Employment contracts and termination agreements.
- The Section also handles immigration issues.
- National Labor Relations Board Proceedings, including representation petitions, unfair labor practices, jurisdictional disputes and secondary picketing issues.
Candidates should be admitted to practice in New York and have a minimum of two years of labor and employment experience as a law firm associate or equivalent experience. Outstanding written and oral communication skills and investigative skills are essential.