Barry McTiernan & Moore LLC is a full-service insurance defense litigation firm which represents Fortune 500 companies across five offices in the Tri-State area. We are committed to efficiently and effectively advancing the interests of our clients, while achieving the best results. Founded in 1930, our attorneys are constantly recognized as leaders in the industry, annually ranking among Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers.
Barry McTiernan & Moore’s Manhattan office is currently seeking a Toxic Tort Litigation Associate.
The ideal candidate will have experience in litigation, preferably including deposition, oral argument and courtroom experience. A background in defending toxic tort/products liability claims is preferred. Candidates must possess excellent academic credentials as well as strong organization, writing and analytical skills. We value collaboration and diversity among our lawyers and seek to make the practice of law a rewarding experience.
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York
- 2-5 years of toxic tort/products liability experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience defending depositions
- Represent clients in toxic tort/asbestos litigation
- Independently manage a high volume caseload, handling cases from inception through trial
- Collaborate with attorneys on complicated legal issues
- Regularly handle court appearances and depositions
- Consistently engage in client communication
- Conduct complex legal research and discovery investigation
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent Benefits and Compensation Package
- Professional development programs including in-house CLE and National Attorney Training Conferences
- Generous PTO plan
- Unique growth and advancement opportunities
Corporate Discount Plans
Barry McTiernan & Moore is a firm which focuses their commitment to both our clients and employees! Please consider joining our team by sending a PDF-formatted resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample.
We are committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.