- JD degree or equivalent.
- 3 years of attorney work experience in business development, intellectual property matters and contract law.
- Admitted to the bar and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in California or New York.
- 5 years of experience negotiating, drafting and advising clients on technology and media-related deals.
- Strong knowledge of contract, media, online platform and intellectual property law in a technology context and broad experience of advising on media and technology issues.
About the job
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As an Associate Commercial Counsel focusing on YouTube, you will advise on how current and upcoming laws and regulations impact a wide variety of YouTube initiatives, products and features and also negotiate and draft contracts with content owners of all types. Our innovative services raise complex questions that demand creative and practical answers. You will need to be highly organized and able to manage a variety of commercial work, while paying close attention to detail. You'll be working in a place that operates with a dynamic and intense environment. A deep understanding of Google's business, particularly YouTube, and the ability to think quickly and practically are key attributes for this role.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Advise senior management, business clients, as well as finance, product, and other company colleagues on legal issues and risks, deal structures, company policies and procedures and negotiation strategy.
- Review, draft and negotiate intellectual property licences and a wide range of technology, advertising, content and marketing agreements.