Who We Are
At OpenWorks, our strength lies in improving our customer’s results by consistently making their facility cleaner, safer and healthier. We’re proud to set the standard for customer retention in our industry. None of this would be possible without hiring and developing the best employees.
OpenWorks is leading facility solutions provider, founded in 1983, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with regional offices nationwide. Through our Franchise Owners and Preferred Partners, OpenWorks services more than 2,500 customers each day across the United States. To continue our growth, we are seeking an experienced Director of Call Center Operations to join our highly skilled team.
What You'll Do
The Associate Corporate Counsel is responsible for managing and providing legal advice & services regarding a wide range of claims, demands, investigations, litigation and other matters relating to the Company’s business of being a franchisor & providing janitorial and integrated facilities services to organizational clients. The position will also align legal and risk management with the company's overall strategic plans and proactively mitigate risk through a variety of interventions. Finally, the Corporate Counsel will be a member of the Executive Team for strategy and cultural development and implementation of the OpenWorks culture.
- Participates in developing goals, objectives, and systems for the legal function in alignment with company objectives
- Provide legal counsel to internal partners including Sales, Finance, Operations, Human Resources, etc.
- Review, draft, negotiate and manage various contracts including commercial contracts for services, consulting agreements, and Subcontractor Agreements
- Negotiate and prepare franchise documents including, franchise agreements, transfer agreements, termination agreements, and other disclosure documents
- Conduct legal research and provide counsel in connection with other legal issues.
- Proposes, publishes, and administers policies and procedures in-alignment with company and Risk Management objectives
- Acts as an objective resources and oversees adherence to operational standards and performance obligations under our agreements to optimize risk in conjunction with regulations and contact requirements
- Oversees company's business insurance/carriers, risk management program, and outside legal services
- Provides content for training on legal and risk management related content, policies, and procedures
- Participates in cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Special projects and related duties as needed and/or assigned
What We’re Looking for in You
- A bachelor’s degree
- Juris Doctor (JD) from an ABA Accredited Law School.
- Active Arizona bar membership or eligibility for Arizona in-house counsel registration.
- 3-4 years of attorney experience predominately in corporate and/or transactional from a law firm, in-house or a combination of both.
- Experience in Franchise Law and Contract Drafting
- Franchise and contract litigation experience strongly preferred.
What’ll Make You Standout
- Business partner approach-partners with internal Leaders and Team Members and develops a deep understanding of clients needs at every level of the business
- Hands-on Legal Professional that will both directly perform and oversee the Legal Services
- In-depth Franchisor and Contract experience
- Related Litigation and Risk Management Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with clients, business partners/subcontractors, and employees at all levels.
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction – self starter and self motivated.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and meet deadlines.