Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, is currently seeking a Litigation Associate with 2 - 4 years of experience litigating commercial and business disputes, including commercial real estate cases to join our Litigation practice in Dallas. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work in a collegial and collaborative environment.
Greenberg Traurig’s Litigation Department comprises more than 600 litigators in 38 offices throughout the United States and in Latin America, Europe and Asia. Our department's global platform distinctively positions us to address the needs of both domestic and international clients. We continue to build on a practice base that, while very broad, is nonetheless refined to serve the unique industry, practice, and jurisdictional needs of our diverse client base.
The ideal candidate will have 2 - 4 years of commercial and business litigation experience in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. Candidates should be experienced in legal research, brief writing, managing all aspect of the discovery process and preparing cases for trial. An outstanding academic record and prior law firm and/or clerkship experience preferred. Must be able to work well independently as well as in a team environment. Candidates must be licensed in Texas and committed to superior client service. The position offers the candidate the opportunity to assume significant responsibility early on, including frequent client contact.
Additional qualifications include:
- Experience analyzing, researching and drafting briefs addressing sophisticated legal issues on complex litigation, ranging from state and federal court motions to dismiss, summary judgment and class certification motions, writs and appeals;
- Conducted fact investigations and witness interviews;
- Successfully argued motions;
- Taken and defended depositions;
- Experienced in trial prep and court appearances;
- Strong writing, research and oral advocacy skills;
- Ability to be strategic and analytical; and
- Case management experience.
Candidates should submit a resume, transcript, and recent writing samples, all in PDF format. The firm will not accept candidate submissions from any legal search firm unless a fee agreement between the firm and the legal search firm is in effect at the time of submission.