You deserve to work at a law firm that offers integrity, embraces diversity, and has a personal commitment to treating everyone with respect dignity and fairness. Since 1933, Stark & Stark has developed innovative legal solutions to meet our clients’ needs. More than 100 attorneys, over 30 practice areas, and a philosophy of putting the law to work for our clients is the basis from which we build and maintain our practice. At Stark & Stark we believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Stark & Stark has an excellent opportunity for a Business Litigation Associate with a proven corporate interest to join our team in the Lawrenceville, NJ office. The ideal candidate is responsive, self-directed and detailed-oriented with the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks. The right candidate will have the extraordinary opportunity to learn and grow in a challenging, but collegial, environment.
Responsibilities will include executing litigation activities such as legal research and writing, advocacy, negotiation, counseling, taking depositions, drafting motions, writing pleadings and complaints, and handling oral arguments. It will also include managing correspondence and communication with clients and their business and legal personnel, and the coordination with attorneys across other practice disciplines. The candidate should have prior experience with motion practice, discovery dispute, and trial preparation.
- Up to three years of litigation experience preferred
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, drafting, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as a law clerk preferred
- Comfortable representing clients in court cases and other kinds of adversarial legal proceedings such as arbitrations, mediations and administrative law proceedings
- Excellent organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and able to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
- Licensed to practice in the state of New Jersey
Stark & Stark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.