Report to and assist the General Counsel in various legal matters, primarily review of contracts.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Able to conduct thorough and appropriate assessment, analysis, drafting, review, negotiation and issuance of assigned contractual documents.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience with NDAs, Manufacturing/Processing/Supply Agreements, Logistics (freight/warehousing) Agreements, Distribution Agreements, Marketing Agreements, Services Agreements, Vendor Master Service Agreement, Lease Agreements, etc.
- Make proactive recommendations for contract changes in areas of high scope and complexity.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Advise employees on contractual issues including legal risks and business terms; explain legal language
- Proactively lead process improvements or other projects that enhance and streamline contract processes, systems, tools and other resources
- Contracts database management.
- Manage various ad hoc projects and deadlines across disciplines
Skills and capabilities requirements:
- Completion of law school with a JD degree.
- Admission to the California Bar.
- Minimum 1 year experience with a law firm or corporation including experience in review and negotiation of contracts
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and remain unbiased.
- Strong organization and process skills with attention to details.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.