IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
IGT is looking for an experienced IP attorney to support the company’s lottery and gaming business in all aspects of intellectual property including transactional support, licensing, litigation support, invention identification, patent portfolio management, and trademarks. The ideal candidate will be proactive, diligent and have excellent business acumen. This position will be based in Las Vegas or Reno, Nevada and will report to Senior Corporate Counsel – Intellectual Property.
- Juris Doctorate with admission to at least one State bar and the USPTO
- At least 5 years of relevant IP experience
- Strong technical experience with both hardware and software
- Technical degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or computer engineering
- Extensive experience drafting and prosecuting patents in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements
- Strong background in patent law including recent issues regarding patent eligibility
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines to meet established deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A mix of both a law firm and in-house legal department experience
- Ability and desire to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving environment
In addition to a competitive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.