The successful candidate for this position will become an integral member of the Company’s legal department, which includes the Company’s trade compliance function and is comprised of five attorneys, a legal assistant, and two trade compliance analysts. He or she will report to the Deputy General Counsel. The legal department supports the Company’s diverse business units that supply products and services to the commercial aviation industry, including: leasing and finance of commercial aircraft and aircraft engines and components; trading of aircraft, aircraft engines, and components in the secondary market; repair and overhaul of aircraft engines, parts, and components; and digital software services. The legal department also supports the Company’s internal operational requirements, including human resources, information systems, accounting and finance, facilities, and risk and litigation management.
Attorneys in the legal department interact with management and employees of the Company at all levels, and with outside counsel as required, and are called upon to advise on the structure of transactions; to review, negotiate, and draft legal documents; and to consult and advise on a wide range of legal issues, including labor, trade, IP, insurance, and tax questions.
The Company’s business has a worldwide scope, with the result that attorneys are frequently required to consider foreign laws and international practice issues.
- JD, licensed and in good standing in Florida or another state
- 3-5 years of practice experience in a law firm or corporate law department
- The ability to function successfully in a fast-paced, yet collegial environment
Experience in the following practice areas:
- Commercial aviation transactions
- Complex asset-based financial transactions
- Commercial contracts
- Cross-border transactions
- Labor and employment matters
- Import/export regulations and compliance with trade sanctions
- Taxation, especially transactional taxes arising from cross-border transactions
- Bankruptcy/workout and litigation management
- Credit facilities and banking