We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
As Corporate Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for new market licensing, commercial contracting, employment matters and other corporate work. This position works with virtually every department at the company, spanning offices across the country.
We operate in New York, California, Texas, New Jersey, Tennessee and Ohio, and next year will add Arizona, Florida and Michigan. We anticipate further geographic expansion and new product offerings, including in the Medicare Advantage market. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
- Review, draft, edit and negotiate commercial agreements, including NDAs, BAAs, and vendor agreements of all kinds
- Provide information on employment-related issues to Oscar personnel and help Oscar stay current with laws and regulations that assure a fair work environment
- Coordinate and assemble Oscar’s applications for insurance licenses in new markets
- Assist in project management of Oscar’s Medicare Advantage application and launch
- Handle corporate governance and other corporate housekeeping matters, including preparing board and committee meeting agendas, meeting minutes, resolutions, and shareholder/board consents
- Serve as a resource on matters of corporate law and governance
- Become a company resource for contract related questions and processes; the business can rely on you and your expertise, and guidance
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and at least 2 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house
- Experience and understanding of corporate law and contract drafting and interpretation
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical abilities, particularly in developing conceptual understanding of new topics for yourself and others
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with a proven ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Detail-oriented and dynamic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in employment law
- Experience working in the healthcare industry and knowing what a deductible actually is
- Experience with startups