Who We Are:
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
What You'll Do:
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Counsel role will be a key member of the Legal team. This position will manage, draft, and negotiate complex agreements with all of Discovery Education’s distribution partners with respect to the Company’s core K-12 educational products and manage Discovery Education’s contract management team and processes.
- Draft and negotiate high-level, complex agreements for sales of Discovery Education’s core products to school districts and other K-12 institutions
- Manage the contract management team and continually streamline and improve the Company’s contract management systems and processes
- Serve as the lead privacy lawyer for the company, including staying current on applicable privacy laws and ensuring compliance with such laws
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3+ years of law firm or in-house experience with drafting and negotiating of complex, high-level commercial agreements
- J.D. and admission to at least one US State bar
- Experience with government contracts and/or the education industry is a plus
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.