The Hon. Heidi Chandler, chambered in Itasca County, Grand Rapids, Minnesota, is seeking qualified candidates for a judicial law clerk position.
Candidates should have solid academic credentials and strong research, analytical, and writing skills.
Work involves the performance of professional legal research and other related administrative work in the preparation of memoranda, opinions, and orders.
The law clerk and judge have a close working relationship that affords the clerk an opportunity to observe how judges reason and arrive at decisions. A law clerk can expect a comprehensive experience in many facets of the law.
Example of Duties
- Reviews, studies, researches, and annotates laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs, and related legal authorities.
- Prepares briefs, legal memoranda, and statement of issues involved, including appropriate suggestions or recommendations to the justice or judge.
- Compiles references on laws and decisions necessary for legal determinations.
- Confers with judge or court official concerning legal questions, construction of documents and granting of orders.
- Attends court sessions to hear oral arguments and records necessary case information; maintain records attendant to court proceedings.
- Graduate Of An Accredited Law School
- Experience using a Windows operating system.
- Experience using Microsoft Word.
- Experience using Westlaw.
- Strong work ethic, and excellent legal research, writing and analytical skills.
- Successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to appointment.
Please apply for this position online by clicking the Apply link near the top of this page. This is a full-time, exempt, and unrepresented position. (For instructions on creating and submitting your online application, click on the Online Application Guide at www.mncourts.gov / Careers/ Career Opportunities).