The Drafting Legal Assistant enhances effectiveness by performing delegated work and assignments for the Drafting Department.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Draft complaints and petitions.
- Research and gather pertinent information in preparation for drafting.
- Proofread documents in preparation for attorney approval.
- Edit documents per attorney direction.
- Assist with case management.
- Electronic Filing of documents.
- Service of Process.
- Managing Email Inbox.
- Calculate and manage deadlines.
- Review and summarize case files.
- Compile, analyze and organize information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Understand legal terminology and procedures.
- Ability to handle and maintain time sensitive material.
- Legal research and administration skills.
- Critical thinking.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle heavy work load.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 90-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
David Low & Associates, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.