Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an In-house Attorney to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Qualified candidates will have strong academic credentials; excellent writing, analytical, and communication skills; and an eagerness to work hard as part of a team. The Legal Department represents the Company in all legal matters, including corporate governance, contract negotiations, intellectual property matters, employment law matters, Esports matters, and others. The position will report directly to the General Counsel, as well as working with other members of the legal team and working directly with the Company’s business teams.
Come join the creator of SMITE, Paladins, and Realm Royale as we embark on exciting new projects.
What our In-House Attorneys do:
- Trademark and Copyright matters and filings
- Data privacy matters
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements including vendor, licensing and publishing agreements and IT/IP arrangements
- Employment law matters
- Corporate governance and company secretarial matters
- Occasional legal research
- Follow legal developments relevant to our business
- Manage outside counsel
- Advise and report to legal leadership, as well as working directly with business team members
Who we are looking for:
- Authorized to practice law in Georgia, either through the in-house counsel exception or license in Georgia
- Law degree from a strong school
- 2-5 years of legal experience with a reputable law firm or corporation
- Experience with copyright and trademark matters and/or data privacy is desired. Other relevant experience may include commercial transactions and licensing arrangements.
- Legal experience with Esports and/or videogames is a plus.
- Being a Gamer is a plus, though it is not required to be a gamer as long as you’re willing to dive in to the gaming world
- Have a “how to” mindset, that seeks the way to accomplish the business objective
- Ability to focus on the key issues
- Ability to understand software and other computing technology sufficient to comprehend our transactions and discuss with our business team
- Business mindset
- Ability to evaluate risk and uncertainty
- Self starting, problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Sense of humor