The in-house litigation attorney will be responsible for first-party property and casualty litigation.
- Manage and be responsible for a full caseload
- Prepare assessments of cases, including factual summations and legal research
- Conduct motion practice
- Take and defend depositions
- Propound and respond to discovery
- Represent HCPCI at hearings and mediations
- Prepare for trial and act as HCPCI’s trial attorney
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to aggressively pursue HCPCI’s interests in and out of court.
- Must be self-sufficient (able to work independent of a paralegal or secretary), self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Must be able to use all relevant technology, including calendaring, e-filing, etc.
- Detail orientated, committed to professionalism
- Team oriented, proactive approach to all situations
- Clear, concise oral and written communication skills
Education & Training
- Juris Doctor (JD) required
- 2 to 5 years in first and/or third party insurance property defense claims
Licenses Or Certifications
- Member in good standing of the Florida Bar
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.