The Role: Xylem’s in-house legal department is looking for a full-time intern for a summer 2019 position.
As a summer intern in the legal department, you will work directly with senior lawyers in the department with opportunity to interact with the General Counsel. You will have the opportunity to conduct research projects, draft memoranda, corporate resolutions and correspondence, benchmark various processes and procedures for company compliance, build and maintain relationships with outside counsel, partners, and third-party vendors and to otherwise assist the attorneys with their duties.
Our goal is for you to come away with a strong sense of what the legal practice involves in the corporate environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The Legal Department is comprised of approximately 26 attorneys, and 23 EH&S, Trade Compliance, Corporate Responsibility and other Professionals. The Legal Department’s practice areas include:
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Litigation & Contracts
- Commercial Legal Support
- Ethics/Trade Compliance/ESH/Security
- Labor & Employment
- Corporate Governance
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 1L or 2L at top tier law school
- Top 25% of class (required)
- Full-time availability in Summer 2019
- Someone who can be counted on to see tasks through to completion.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and proactive. You don’t hide from problems or let them
- Act with integrity. You’re honest and truthful in word and action.
- Constantly on the hunt for learning opportunities, and never feel as though you’ve learned everything there is to know about something.