If you are a law student looking to learn new things, we may have the perfect opportunity for you. Foley & Mansfield, a professional limited liability partnership, is a national law firm with more than 170 attorneys in offices from coast to coast. We provide legal expertise, creative solutions and extensive trial experience for large corporations, small businesses and individuals.
We are seeking a Law Clerk in our New Orleans office. In this position you would be assisting with research projects, as well as other complex legal assignments. This is a part-time, temporary position for 15-20 hours per week.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and current law school student
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to work with and maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Strong negotiation, consultative and facilitation skills with the ability to effectively interact with all internal and external business partners
- Proven ability to take proactive, long-term view of business goals and objectives in order to achieve strategic business results
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications
- Proficient in Westlaw
- Complete sophisticated legal assignments based on the needs of attorneys and clients
- Legal research and writing
- Other duties as assigned
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit resume with salary requirements.
Professional references and background checks will be performed on final candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, Foley & Mansfield PLLP unites the talents and contributions of all. We encourage qualified minorities, women, people with disabilities and military veterans to apply.
Foley & Mansfield PLLP participates in the federal government's E-Verify program. We provide the Social Security Administration and, if applicable, the US Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.