A Law Clerk is responsible for assisting the attorney and/or paralegal during the litigation stage of the file.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor files from answer to judgment;
- Communicate with customers and attorneys to resolve legal matters;
- Provide clients with status updates both verbally and through email/websites;
- Review file information received from client for accuracy and completeness;
- Summarize legal documents;
- Prepare and review declarations and affidavits for truthfulness;
- Prepare correspondence to courts, attorneys and clients;
- Prepare and file form pleadings;
- Draft motions and answers/responses to motions;
- Maintain and coordinate attorney dockets;
- Review bankruptcy filings, deceased notifications and military hits;
- Perform online records research;
- Assist attorneys;
- Promote the firm’s vision and Mission;
- Meet and exceed company and client goals;
- Comply with all federal, state and local regulations; and
- Comply with all office policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, research, investigative and organizational skills;
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English;
- Ability to use standard office equipment including a computer, keyboard, copy machine, phone system and calculator;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel) and case management software
- Basic typing skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Aptitude to be self-motivated; and
- Desire to work with others in achieving company and client goals.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
At least a Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution; and Completion of at least one year of law school.
Other Work Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in law school; and
- Successfully pass pre-employment testing including criminal background check, credit check and drug testing.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.