About the opportunity
Calendly is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced legal professional who can help our team with a wide variety of legal matters as we expand our business in nearly all areas. We are establishing our legal department and want someone with a wide variety of expertise to join our fast growing startup to help us grow and build a great foundation.
As a part-time Legal Counsel you’ll partner with teams across Calendly including operations, security, sales, marketing, finance, product, and engineering. You’ll assist in negotiating critical contracts; collaborate closely with our customers, sales team, partners, and suppliers; and help us build our legal infrastructure.
Please note that this is a part-time role, targeting 20-25 hours per week.
Some challenges you’ll get to tackle
Partner with our finance and operations team as well as our outside legal counsel to draft, negotiate, and shepherd a variety of contracts and policies for sales, SaaS, licensing, distribution, commercial, GDPR, CCPA, and confidentiality.
- Provide guidance and negotiate data provisions and contract language contained in advertising, marketing and commercial agreements
- Engage with customers and partners to keep Calendly growing and running smoothly
- Collaborate with attorneys and senior executives and manage business relationships with internal clients
- Review and improve internal- and external-facing policies and procedures for compliance
- Help build and improve legal department processes
You should apply if you have:
- A Juris Doctorate from a nationally recognized law school
- Direct experience advising internal stakeholders on a wide range of data use matters
- At least 2-3 years of contracts review experience
- Experience advising on privacy and data security law and compliance efforts, including the organization and coordination of privacy assessments, data protection addendums and exhibits, and corporate policies and processes
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
- Ability to make decisions and pivot quickly and fluidly, thinking practically and be solution-oriented
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and calm under fire
- Must be licensed and in good standing to practice law in Georgia
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about technology, law, and business
- SaaS or technology industry experience preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, hard-working, optimistic, and collaborative
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment