As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Legal Department is responsible for a broad range of activities including transactions, dispute resolution, compliance, labor and employment, and risk management. As a small team, we support many projects and offices, adding value and reducing risk. We aim to drive the growth of the business by providing legal solutions to business challenges.
This motivated and energetic Staff Attorney will report to the General Counsel and engage in a variety of legal and compliance services across North America. Primary responsibilities of this position will include contract review and negotiation, wage compliance, and other general support of the Company’s legal needs. Construction experience is strongly preferred.
- Creative, solution-oriented, and practical approach to resolving a wide variety of legal issues.
- Review, draft, and negotiate construction contracts for public and private projects, usually in the range of $20M to $150M.
- Review and provide legal advice on Requests for Proposal presented by public and private entities.
- Provide advice and training to Sales, Procurement, and Operations regarding contract negotiation, interpretation, and dispute resolution.
- Wage compliance advice and counsel, including analysis and auditing of prevailing wage, rest break, meal break, and other employment regulation compliance.
- Additional support and responsibility may include: labor and employment, corporate compliance, and occasional litigation.
- At least 5 years of experience as practicing attorney, with law firm litigation experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Substantial experience in legal drafting regarding contract issues, including motions practice.
- Preferred candidates will have experience litigating complex construction disputes, including delay, disruption, and payment claims.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and practices, including time and task management.
- Self-directed, self-motivated.
- Passport and ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to pass background check to the extent required to obtain clearance for TSA-secured areas of airport.
- Fluency in Spanish is welcome.
This position requires domestic and international travel, typically 10% of the time.
Vanderlande offers a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k with matching, Short and Long Term Disability, and CLE Budget.