The Bank of America Legal Department is comprised of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff located across the globe that manage the bank’s legal affairs and legal risks. Our Legal Department provides professional legal services for Bank of America and its subsidiaries by addressing legal risks, identifying opportunities for and providing advice and counsel to our business partners. We understand the businesses we support and their ultimate customer, shareholder, and employee goals.
The Legal Department Summer Internship Program is designed to offer you an opportunity to perform meaningful legal work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. You will have the opportunity to work with attorneys across the Department supporting and advising the array of bank businesses. You will also learn about the many business lines at Bank of America and have contact with senior leaders in the Department and the company.
Anticipated internship dates are from May 18 – July 24, 2020 in Charlotte, NC.
At the end of the summer, interns will have an in-depth understanding of what it is like to work in our Department. For some, the internship will provide a path to a full-time position upon graduation.
As a summer intern, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Legal research and writing;
- Drafting of memoranda and contracts; and
- Participation as a member of one or more legal teams supporting ongoing business projects.
- College degree, required.
- Current second year law student at an accredited law school.
- Must work well in fast-paced, highly collaborative, team environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and work in partnership with a diverse group of colleagues.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to tailor message appropriately to audience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Works independently, takes initiative and is proactive.
- Works effectively as part of a team.