2019 Legal Fellow Job Description:
TripAdvisor® (NASDAQ: TRIP) operates the world's largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor-owned and operated sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching over 490 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 700 million reviews and opinions covering more than 8 million accommodations, vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 49 countries worldwide, including China, and also operate 25 other popular travel media brands that cover hotels, flights, vacation rentals, attractions, and restaurants.
The Legal Department is involved in all aspects of the TripAdvisor business, including contract drafting and negotiation, intellectual property, litigation threat assessment and management, internet law, privacy law, consumer marketing law, international legal issues, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, regulatory matters and compliance.
The Legal Department is seeking a 2019 law school graduate to serve as a TripAdvisor In-House Legal Fellow for a two-year term, beginning in September 1, 2019 and ending in August 30, 2021 at our Needham headquarters. The Legal Fellow will have the opportunity to work closely with TripAdvisor’s legal team in a wide variety of legal matters.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting and reviewing partner and vendor contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, partnership agreements, software licensing agreements and more.
- Reviewing marketing materials, site features, and various corporate communications for various TripAdvisor Media Group companies.
- Drafting and tracking intellectual property enforcement actions worldwide.
- Assisting with the review and updates for the standard company contracts for TripAdvisor and its affiliates.
- Performing associated legal research projects.
- Working with counsel to analyze and update responses to notice and takedown requests and track status of same.
- Assistance with identifying, organizing and uploading contracts,
- Assistance with litigation and regulatory filings, domestically and internationally.
- Support for multiple business units, including but not limited to; Hotels, Flights, Core Experience/Marketing, and Restaurants.
- Other assorted projects assigned by the legal counsel in the US, Europe and Asia, potentially including assistance with mergers & acquisition and securities law projects.
Benefits of a TripAdvisor Legal Fellowship:
- Excellent, varied experience at a top consumer internet company
- Involvement in a variety of international, national, and local project efforts
- Free lunch every day, on-site gym, and other amenities at our new award winning offices in Needham
- Office is accessible by company shuttle, MBTA green line, and by car (free parking)
- Candidates must be 2019 law school graduate (and planning to take a state bar exam in July 2019)
- Candidates with a noted interest in commercial contracts, business law, online technology, privacy, litigation and/or intellectual property
- Excellent grades and/or law journal experience preferred
- Technology interest & experiences preferred, though technical skills are not required