1L Summer Legal Internship Program
The goal of the 1L Summer Legal Internship Program at Travelers is to hire and develop high potential candidates by providing meaningful experiences with, and exposure to, seasoned attorneys. Summer legal interns will have the opportunity to conduct legal research, draft briefs and motions, and observe proceedings in various courts. Travelers’ 1L Summer Legal Interns become a part of an extensive network of attorneys from a variety of backgrounds and past work experiences.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Corporate Legal attorneys handle a wide variety of the Company’s legal needs, including mergers, acquisitions, corporate finance, investment advice, contract, procurement and intellectual property. The Corporate Litigation team manages non-claim litigation, shareholder and securities litigation, class action litigation relating to the Company’s business practices, litigation concerning the Company’s real estate and investments, the bankruptcies of our customers and agency disputes.
- Currently attending an accredited law school.
- Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Must be entering second year of law school in Fall 2019.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong academic credentials, legal research and analytical skills
- Prior leadership experience
- Prior business related experience or interest
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint