The Legal Intern will primarily be responsible for supporting the legal department with entry-level legal matters for which Acronis will train them if necessary. The Legal Intern can have a significant impact on the business as he/she will work closely with many different departments across the organization. She/he will coordinate with Company stakeholders in departments such as Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, and Informational Technology to help fulfill the legal function at Acronis.
The ideal candidate will be enrolled in an accredited local law school and be available to 2 to 3 days a week, or better full time if only for a semester. Those who want to work part-time between those semesters they can work full time will be given priority, all other things being equal.
The ideal candidate will also be very detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated, and possess a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. She/he must possess a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn. She/he must be hands-on, dependable, and committed - someone who is results-oriented and can be relied upon to execute organizational goals with the utmost urgency and commitment. And just like every other position here at Acronis, she/he must embody Acronis’ core values: responsive, alert, detail oriented, make decisions, and never give up.
- Managing the Capitalization and Options Table.
- Handling Shareholder correspondence.
- Assisting with corporate governance matters.
- Managing Trademark renewals.
- Drafting and Reviewing Consulting and Vendor Agreements.
- Drafting and Reviewing NDAs.
- Miscellaneous Legal Research.
- Updating contract templates.
- Managing and processing contract amendments and other legal transactions with numerous counterparties – e.g., distribution agreement amendments, intercompany contract assignment or bulk options grants.
- Completing ad hoc assignments from General Counsel.
Skills & experience:
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to work well and communicate effectively with peers, all levels of management, and external resources in a virtual team environment.
- Excellent communications skills (written, oral, and listening) with the ability to work with, influence, and inform diverse groups.
- Able to effectively deal with a high-volume work-load, rapid cycles, multiple assignments, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities.