Playing its seventh season, NWSL is committed to building the most successful and respected professional women’s sports league in the world and is guided by three principles:
Provide a platform for athletes to flourish professionally and commercially by bringing their talent and passion to the sport’s best competition.
Foster a culture where role models inspire young fans through their shared love of the sport.
Deliver a world-class product that redefines excellence and drives the sport forward.
The NWSL office is growing to meet the demands of the changing global landscape of professional women’s soccer. We are looking for individuals who desire to make an impact on the future of sport in the United States.
Under the direction of the General Counsel, the legal intern will assist on projects that include contract review and management, intellectual property reviews, and policy updates in addition to other responsibilities as assigned.
- General document reviews and summaries
- Conducting legal research and compiling information
- Assisting with management of league and team intellectual property
- Researching and drafting league policies
- Other work as assigned
- Must be a current law student at an accredited law school
- Must have the ability to maintain confidence of communications and information
- Strong writing, drafting, research and communications skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic, as well as an interest in contributing to the team
- Possess excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented and punctual
- Strong professional and positive presence/image that represents the league both internally and externally
- Guided by strong moral and ethical principles
- Seeks feedback and pursues lifelong development and learning
- Communicates in a direct, open and honest manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.