The Legal Intern program at Ossur Americas will run for approximately 10 weeks and is intended for rising 2Ls to learn and gain valuable experience working in the Legal department of an international corporation.
As part of the Ossur Legal team, the Legal Intern will assist in-house counsel on both transactional and litigation-related matters. This internship will provide the Legal Intern with the opportunity to build on the skills gained during the Legal Intern’s first year of law school by producing legal work for a variety of company stakeholders. The Legal Intern will gain experience in a corporate legal environment, while gaining insight into working as an in-house lawyer. The Legal Intern will also receive consistent feedback and training from supervising attorneys.
This internship is meant to supplement the Legal Intern’s education by providing real-world practice opportunities, and does not entitle the Legal Intern to employment at the conclusion of the summer internship.
Support in-house counsel in providing general legal advice to Össur Americas and other companies within Össur as requested, both in the U.S. and abroad Review various contracts including distribution agreements, sales representative agreements, consignment agreements, rebate agreements, consulting agreements, software licenses, non-disclosure agreements, etc. Assist in management of litigation
- Rising 2L law student
- Excellent academic credentials
- Healthcare industry background is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be based in Össur Americas’ corporate headquarters in Foothill Ranch, CA
- Ability to learn and be flexible
- Self-starter, dependable, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and drive results
- Coordinate with Compliance Department to review regulatory compliance with applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., Federal Anti-Kickback Law, False Claims Act, Buy American Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, F.D.A. regulations, etc.)
- Assist in contract and document management
- Adhere to Company Values – Honesty, Frugality, and Courage
- Perform other duties as requested