A World Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
The Legal Ninja Team supports and safeguards Palantir as the company grows. We’re excited to hire a Legal Ninja to take on a range of legal work across both our government and commercial customers. This role will allow you to bring your global perspective to a strong team of problem solvers who share your strong sense of mission.
As a contributor to the Legal Ninja team’s broad mandate, you’ll negotiate agreements with Fortune 50 companies and can expect to use your international experience to support our government customers within and outside of the United States. In addition, you’ll work on regulatory, intellectual property, and employment issues across various jurisdictions.
As a Legal Ninja, you’ll negotiate complex deals and crystallise agreed-upon terms in written contracts, working both independently and in close collaboration with our business and technical teams. You’ll also exercise initiative and take ownership of broadly defined objectives and drive them forward to achieve an optimal outcome. In this role, you’ll leverage your ability to remain flexible and adaptable - even when timelines are tight and conditions change rapidly. Your diligence, judgment, poise under pressure, and discretion make you a trusted counterpart in sensitive environments, and you can quickly connect and communicate with people of wide-ranging personalities and expertise.
- Advise on a variety of legal issues related to deploying our enterprise technology to government and commercial customers.
- Lead contract drafting and negotiating and work closely with stakeholders to explain, advise and navigate through to deal closure. You will be working across multiple jurisdictions.
- Help out on issues across the company as a trusted member of the Ninja Team. This might include vendor agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, intellectual property, employment and procurement matters.
What We Value
- At least 5 years of experience as an attorney at a law firm or in-house company; experience practicing in both is a plus
- A Juris Doctor (J.D.), or foreign equivalent, and membership in at least one U.S. state bar and a foreign jurisdiction
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to become a trusted advisor by developing creative solutions to novel issues
- Excellent organization skills with a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed to other Palantir offices and client sites, and availability nights and weekends as needed
- Master of Law (LLM) degree or post-graduate study
- Experience in a fast-paced, unstructured and/or high tech environment with an emphasis on software licensing and intellectual property
- Strong understanding of international government institutions and procurement process
- Passion for technology