We are seeking qualified candidates for an Associate position with our Finance, Banking and Real Estate Department, to be based in our Dallas office. This person would be part of our Real Estate and Real Estate Finance Practice Group. Our ideal candidate is a 3rd to 6th year associate with strong general commercial real estate, lending, and some leasing experience. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associates are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis;
- Draft necessary agreements and documents with efficiency and clarity;
- Manage projects from commencement to closing;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Leasing experience;
- Experience representing financial institutions, mortgage lenders, institutional investors or borrowers in real estate and financing transactions;
Experience in partnership and joint venture transactions (REIT and tax exempt investor experience helpful)
- Ability to prepare and negotiate transactional documents generally including: Purchase and Sale Agreements, Loan Documents, Leases, and related agreements;
- Thorough understanding of basic elements of real property due diligence, including survey, title, zooning and other land use issues
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Ability to effectively manage junior associates and others;
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Texas.
Please note that we are accepting resumes from recruiters for this position.