This position reports to the Corporate Counsel.
Wangard Partners is a Wisconsin based real estate company that partners with high net worth and institutional investors to acquire, develop and manage multifamily, industrial, retail and office properties. Superior intellectual capital, deep real estate experience, a dedication to environmental sustainability and strong relationships with local communities allow Wangard to achieve its goals of creating attractive returns for its investment partners and building neighborhood vitality through its projects.
The legal intern position will assist with the following essential duties:
- Assist Corporate Counsel and General Counsel in day to day legal administration for a real estate company.
- Assist in utilizing legal checklists for due diligence, title and survey review, and file organization.
- Assist with real estate closing process as directed by CC.
- Conduct research as directed by CC which may include ownership, zoning, tax information, and assessments.
- Create initial drafts of small lease agreements, licenses, and other documents for attorney review.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Possess a passion for real estate development and leasing.
- Produces accurate work.
- Able to prioritize effectively to accomplish work tasks timely.
- Self-motivated; works independently; knows when to ask questions; makes informed decisions.
- Can identify problems/issues and participates in problem resolution as appropriate for job level.
- Is flexible and adaptable to meet changing priorities and workload.
- Seeks and is open to feedback; interested in development discussions and displays willingness to improve.
- Willing to be accountable for one’s own actions.
- Ability to keep all company data confidential. The lack of confidentiality could result in termination of employment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Education and Professional Experience
- Candidate must be a current law student.