At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The U.S. Bank Law Division is seeking an attorney to join the Default Management legal team to support the Mortgage Servicing business lines with management and oversight of contested default related matters, such as eviction procedures, REO management, property code violations, title disputes, probate proceedings, government forfeitures and eminent domain.
In collaboration with the Mortgage Servicing business line partners and outside counsel, provide legal advice and risk analysis in determining optimal strategies for resolving contested default related matters, based on applicable laws and bank policies.
- Law degree
- Licensed by and in good standing with the appropriate state bar association or other appropriate state attorney licensing authority
- Two to seven years of experience as an attorney
- 3-5 years of advising on contested default related matters at either a law firm or as an in-house counsel
- Ability to identify and analyze default related issues based on applicable federal and state laws, regulations and investor requirements, and apply them to business practices
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to effectively communicate with the business line clients and other internal partners
- Ability to represent the bank’s interests while working with outside counsel
- Ability to provide timely and competent legal advice in a fast-paced environment